My photo
Please enjoy my life journey filled with memories of business, pleasure, family, friends and of course food.

Monday 1 August 2011

RIP KITCHEN AID..... who killed the Kitchen Aid?

If you follow me on twitter/facebook you made have seen my posts about the sudden and unexpected loss of my Kitchen aid. Yesterday while baking in the kitchen i thought i would try and make fresh bread to go with our "Sexy Sunday" dinner, boy was that a HUGE mistake. 

Reading the packet instructions instead of my Kitchen Aid instructions i turned the Kitchen Aid up to speed 6 and thought to myself while walking to the bin "Geez im so lucky i dont have to knead this myself" and then BANG. I came running to the kitchen and there was my beautiful Kitchen Aid lying on the floor, i raced over picked her up and put her back on the bench "sigh of relief" she looked ok. 

I plugged her back into the wall and she was a little bent over but i thought she is ok so i turned her on then BANG again the head fell of the stand, terror and sadness took over my whole body, now covered in flour i started to cry...

The Victim
Not knowing what the hell to do, whether to tell Horn or act like nothing had happened...... Minutes went past and my lip started to quiver, then tears filled my eyes, i had to tell him. 

I was very embarrassed to go outside as Horn had a friend over and they were having a beer while looking at a Harley Davidson (a fantasy moment for him). I went to the fly screen and yelled "baaaabe" (very shakily) he immediately knew something was wrong and then burst into free flowing tears and said "the kitchen aid is broooooken"!

Being as supportive as he could be about my loss, he said calm down lets read the warranty and see what it says. Reading the warranty i was thinking as if they are going to warrant being an idiot but any how i flipped through the pages and finally i found a service number. I immediately called the number hoping they would be opened at 3pm on a Sunday- of course there was no answer. 

Coming out of the office Horn suggested if anyone else, had one that i could borrow to finish dinner- I replied "Hi its Ashe, can i borrow your $750 Kitchen Aid? I just broke mine." I starting laughing and so did the boys but seriously would you lend me yours?

Its now Monday and i have been on the phone with the warranty company- sending photos and details... Its not under warranty but hopefully it can be fixed..... Fingers Crossed

The Murderer

6 comments:

  1. I hope the bread was delicious after all of that!! Hope the Kitchen Aid is repairable and not completely broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread was so yum but i still cant forgive him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have eaten that bread with anger... just to let him know who's boss. $750 bread loaf... farrrk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha yes, there you go and i was trying to be cost effective by making the bread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot imagine how devastated I would be if my beloved Kitchen Aid bit the dust, I'm definitely impressed with your level of composure at such a disaster - I would have gone into a complete meltdown I think. Hopefully it can be repaired... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh is the most horrible feeling but good news its being dropped off at the repairer today- $102.50 :)

    ReplyDelete