My photo
Please enjoy my life journey filled with memories of business, pleasure, family, friends and of course food.

Monday 11 July 2011

cashew & chilli beef stir fry" the donna hay way"

I actually made this dish before we left for our trip and told myself when i was having a down day i would blog about it, who was i kidding- i was in the USA and every 5 days i change locations as if i was going to have a down day!!!!

2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
3 Long Red Chillies, Sliced
4 Garlic Cloves, Sliced
300g Beef Eye Fillet, Sliced
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
150g Green Beans, Trimmed
1/2 Cup Roasted Unsalted Cashew Nuts
1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
Steamed Jasmine Rice, To Serve
"the donna hay way":
Heat a frying pan or wok over high heat. Add the oil, chilli, and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until chilli is crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan. Cook for 1 minute or until sealed. Add the chilli mixture and beans and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Roughly chop half the cashews, add whole and chopped nuts to the pan and toss to combine. Place on serving plates and top with basil. Serve with steamed jasmine rice. Serves 2.

Cashew & Chilli Beef Stir Fry
Lady Dash says:
I liked this dish but the boys didn't care for it much. Horn had about 2 litres of OJ with it as it was far to hot for him, (if you cannot handle the heat i would recommend deseeding and deveining the chillies).  My brother put heaps of soy sauce on it because he said it needed some more liquid/flavour. I also changed from rice to udon noodles but only because we had rice the night before and i was trying to mix it up. Not sure if i would make this dish again as it wasn't a hit with everyone.
Lady Dash Score 6/10 
Boys 4/10

2 comments:

  1. This Easy Stir Fry recipe is truly delicious because I tried to cook this one yesterday and my wife really loved it. She wants me to cook again this recipe on Sunday because her friends will visit us on Sunday. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done this recipe off my Donna Hay phone app (wanted a paper copy so came here) and I thought it was exceptional. It was a wow. I wanted to make it again without having to read it off my phone.

    ReplyDelete